We understand the importance of providing our team members with opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Training and developing our people is a
strategic focus. Certainly there are many reasons why we have our Training and Development program:
- Development of skills
- Training and Development helps increase job knowledge and skills at each level. It helps expand the horizons of human intellect and overall personality of our team members.
- Training and Development can increase productivity, which helps the organization to further achieve its long-term goals.
- Team spirit
- Training and Development helps to instill the sense of team work, team spirit, and inter-team collaborations.
- Organization culture
- Training and Development helps to develop and improve the organizational culture and effectiveness.
- Training and Development helps improve the quality of work and work-life. We know that when we invest in our team members, by providing training, they feel better about
themselves, and we all benefit.
Customer Driven Leadership (CDL) has been the heart of our company culture since 1995. A key part of the CDL system is helping
our team members with keeping a healthy work/life balance. Our company has tried to design our culture around a commonly used concept called the “Wheel of Life”. In this analogy, the wheel has six spokes. The spokes represent the goals a person is trying to achieve in various areas of their life. The most common spokes are: Family, Career, Social, Financial, Physical and Spiritual.
If these spokes are in balance, a person has a rounded “wheel” that can spin freely and handle the ups and down of the road of life. However, common sense would suggest that if the spokes are out of balance, then their wheel cannot spin without difficulty. This will affect productivity at work as well as issues at home. If a company could provide a work environment that helps associates round out their wheel, everyone wins. The person is happier at home, more fulfilled and much more productive at work. We have many programs at our office to help people round out their wheel.
- Character First Newsletters
- We issue monthly newsletters focusing on character building. We follow up with occasional presentations from team members on these same topics.
- Wake Up and Learn
- This program offers a variety of guest speakers that give education on personal development, such as Managing Stress, Budgeting, Healthy Eating, Identity Theft, etc.
- Smiley Guy University
- The program offers personal and professional development courses onsite utilizing outside professional trainers to enable better proficiencies and opportunities for advancement.
- Weight Watchers
- We provide on-site Weight Watchers meetings to help our team members reach their personal fitness goals.
- We offer on-site Jazzercise 3 days a week to help our team members maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
- We offer on-site Yoga/Pilates 2 days a week to help our team members maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Personal Trainer
- Because we have a gym on-site, we have implemented a Personal Trainer program that allows team members to utilize the services of a personal trainer in our company gym to
help them maintain a healthy lifestyle and meet their personal fitness goals.
- When possible, we allow our team members the opportunity to telecommute either on a permanent or a flex schedule during the week. This allows for a better work/life balance
for many of our team members that live a great distance from the office.
- Flex Scheduling
- We work with our team members who express interest in having a flex schedule consisting of either a 4-10 hour work week, or an altered schedule (i.e. 7:00 to 4:00 pm).
- Vacation Rollover
- Teamers who have a busy year and cannot take all their paid time off can roll over up to 2 days of PTO to the next calendar year.
- Smoking Cessation Program
- We have a program that awards bonuses on the participant’s success. They are awarded a bonus after 90 days, 6 months and then one year.
- Chaplaincy Program
- Our Chaplain has helped our team members be more productive by being a trusted resource for people in dealing with personal and work-related issues, which has also helped
keep absenteeism to a minimum.
- Employee Assistance Program
- We offer a traditional EAP program to give a broader range of referrals and services and as an alternative to our Chaplaincy program.
- Identity Theft Shield
- We offer a program with resources to guard against identity theft.